The term SEO competitive analysis was coined in the late 1990s by software engineers in Russia who were shocked at how little information there competitors had about them. So they started writing reports that showed exactly what competitors knew about them and how much they knew.
This was the birth of SEO competitive analysis and a new method of doing SEO. In many ways it is still a valuable method today.
It played an important role in helping SEOs and other business owners and people working for other marketing institutions to find out how much their competitors knew about them. It showed them where their knowledge was lacking, and showed them how they could improve their knowledge base.
You can use this type of SEO competitive analysis to your advantage today. Here are a few tips:
– Think about the basics when you are analyzing your competitors’ SEO strategies. Understand how much knowledge each of your competitors has about SEO in general.
– You may need to study the different forms of SEO. For example, some SEOs use content, some uses pay per click advertising, some uses article directories, and others use social media.
– Check to see what types of tools your competitors use to do SEO, and study how these tools are used. This can give you an idea of what kind of tools you should use in your own marketing campaigns.
– Do not underestimate the power of social networking sites to inform about your competitors’ knowledge. They can see all of your competitors on these sites, and they can check to see how knowledgeable they are about SEO.
– Study the most effective methods for increasing traffic to your website. For example, you can use social bookmarking sites to have a lot of back links pointing to your site, or you can write articles and submit them to web directories so that you have a good deal of back links.
– You need to know how to reach out to your potential customers so that they will become customers of yours. You need to know how to create a compelling image to make the customers want to come visit your website.
– You need to know how to write your business opportunity so that it stands out. You need to know how to make your business attractive enough that potential customers will want to read the details about your opportunity.
There are a lot of ideas that can be found on the internet about the importance of SEO competitive analysis. With the right tools, with the right knowledge, and with the right strategy, you can do an excellent job of finding out what your competitors know about SEO and how you can learn more.